Sunday, March 19, 2006

Semester is here!!!!

Finally I'm able to get to my blog! We've been having so much internet problems lately. It's been just a little frustrating!

So we got our interns last Tuesday. We have Thiebault who's 21 and from France, Madelyne who's 45 and from Conneticut, and Sarah, who's 19 and from Texas/Mexico (she's only with us on Tuesday and Wednesday....she's not really an intern). I don't have an intern this semester, which is fine with me. I'm enjoying being able to get to know my kids more and more. I love them all so much! It's exciting too, cause I can walk through my projects now and here some kids yell my name. Back to the interns....they seem like great people. And I'm looking forward to working with them. Thiebault's birthday was today (so he's actually 22 now!) and so I made a cheesecake for Tuesday morning to surprise him. He loves cheesecake.....we'll just see if he loves this one.....haha.

One of the interns, Natasha from England, sponsors a little girl named Lourdes from my site. So today I was able to take Natasha to meet her after church. So incredible! Lourdes couldn't believe that this was actually her sponsor Natasha! She was so excited! Not many kids ever get to meet their sponsor, so this was pretty exciting for Lourdes. Oh yah, mom and dad, your sponsored child is on her way finally!

I'm so looking forward to April.......Becca is coming to visit me for about a 1.5 weeks! I'm so excited! It will be nice to for someone to understand all the Yogi Bear jazz I keep blabbing about!

For those of you who pray for me:
Please be praying that I can get into Housing to do sunday school! To be on Housing property in the projects you need permission. And if you remember me talking about it earlier in the fall, I did try to get permission again, but the Housing manager refused to even talk with me. So please be praying that their hearts would begin to soften, and that God would swing this door wide open!

Love you all. And I'll let you know how this first week back at Sidewalk turns out!

No comments: