I'm all moved into my new apartment now! Everything's good so far. I really like Cindy, and we seem to be getting along good. She's gone right now visiting her family in Quebec. So I'm on a cleaning spree - yep, the entire apartment is getting a good cleaning.....it needs it! We were informed last week that we would be getting a 3rd room mate. Her name is Christina and she's from England. I was looking forward to having her move in with us. She's a pretty nice girl and was an intern this past semester. However, plans have changed. My friend Emily will be moving in with us! I'm so stoked for her to move in witih me. She's my closest friend here and has been living in the Centre (the old hospital that will eventually become our headquarters for both offices and living). So you can imagine how excited she is to finally be able to live in an actual home again! There's a lot of things lacking in the Centre....don't even get me started! The future of it is great, but as it sits now is another story altogether.
Things have been going good here. The interns fly in this Friday. Looking forward to meeting some new eager people! Bob and Colleen Fulford have moved back to New York. Everyone was so excited to have them back! I've seen Bob once but haven't seen Colleen yet. I've already gone to their place to see if there home 3 times.....hopefully I'll see them soon.
I have added a new link to my site at right so make sure you check it out. It's a link for our sponsorship program called Won-By-One. It's a great sponsor program since we actually encourage correspondence with your child and we also have an open invitation to actually come and visit and meet your child. It's incredible the difference a sponsor can make in some of these kids' lives. Of course they love to get gifts and what not, but for some of them, those are the only gifts they get at Christmas, or at their birthday. And for some kids that one letter or that little gift means the world to them, because finally someone has taken the time for them. Anyways. I think I've talked about our sponsorship program before. I guess I'm just excited about it! Especially since I'm part of the recieving end - hooking the kids up with a sponsor, seeing their excitement upon receiving letters, pictures, gifts. If you're at all interested feel free to email me: dana_luksts@hotmail.com or give me a call 917-549-2224 if you have any questions.
Hope all is well back home. I miss you all so much! I pray that you continue to hunger for more of God. He is your strength, your joy, your hope, your peace, your all. I could go on and on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Dana This doesn't really relate but HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Post a Comment