So I've finally arrived at my destination! I'm so stoked on being here in NYC...finally. Let me give you a little rundown on what's been goin on.
Friday I drove down to Seattle with my Dad. When we went over the border, the customs officer refused to give me the R-1 visa that I am supposed to have. Instead, he issued me a B-1 visa for one year only. Unfortunately, now I've run into problems down here and am trying to sort things out! Anyways...so Friday night, Dad and I saw the Sounder's soccer game. I really enjoyed it! Do those guys ever bust their butts out there! It made me miss playing soccer. Saturday morning I was off on my plane. I made it safe and sound. Lost a piece of luggage unfortunately - you know the one with ALL my clothes, that's the one! Kinda sucked, but hey, I survived. Upon arriving in Bushwick (the area I'm living in Brooklyn) I was handed my house keys. I'm in a cute little apartment with a girl that I've previously stayed with in June when I came down to visit! Crazy how it all worked out, and I'm so happy. My room is pretty tiny, but it's perfect. I'm actually in my friend Courtney's room. Some of you may recall me talking about her. I was her intern last year at Pink Houses. Kinda wierd living where she lived. But I'm so blessed too. I was expecting to be in the Centre straight away (the huge hospital that the ministry owns.....not quite ready to go in there yet! Apparently it needs a lot of work yet), so I was so pleased when I found out I was to be living in an apartment - a nice one at that! And with an awesome roommate. She was gone to visit family when I got in, so I've been by myself in the apartment until last night when she came home. So good to see her again.
So...Sunday was church, and I had to wear the same clothes I arrived in...felt a little grubby! Did my grocery shopping in the afternoon. Late afternoon I finally got my bag back....and was able to change into some clean clothes. Yay.
My friend Tania and I went down to Ground Zero in the evening (it was 9/11 remembrance on Sunday) to see the 2 huge lights that were supposed to come on in the evening to remember the twin towers. They came on alright, but they were probably 5 blocks away somewhere! We had a little chuckle. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge that night as well.
Yesterday was a quite day. Went down to get my Social Security card application (today I found out I can't get it until I get the proper visa anyways). Did some shopping at Target to furnish my room.
Now here I am today. I found out this morning that I will be at Pink Houses! I'm so excited! And I'm in a great division as well for Sidewalk Sunday School. Thursday is my official starting date and I'm really looking forward to it. I feel sorta lazy just getting settled in and all.
It's strange how things have worked out. Some crazy stuff has happened back home since I left and just before I left as well. But I know that this is all in God's hands.
I think I've done enough blabbing now. I hope to post often. The internet back at my place is a little shotty at the moment. I had to come to the internet café to do this one. More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so excited for you Dana!! I'm glad to hear that everything is going great!! A few setbacks will only make you stronger, or at least increase your faith... I can hardly wait to hear all the adventures you have, look how much has happened already?!? Hope you have a great start on Thursday, blessings
hi dana i miss you . schools great . sounds like your having a great time at metro. our email is all wacky so i thought id leave a message here. could i bring your stereo into my room caus mine is busted. gtg luv ya ~jana xoxoxoxoxo
good luck in nyc!
Post a Comment