Friday, September 09, 2005

Today's The Day...

In just a couple of hours I'm off to NYC. So excited, but I'm feeling kinda nervous! I guess that's all part of it though. Dad will be driving me down to Seattle to catch my flight east for Saturday morning. It's gonna be a hard drive.
Yesterday so many people called and stopped in. Didn't know I was so loved! All my best girls stopped in to say goodbye, and I got a few phone calls from friends who are outta town wishing me the best. My neighbour even came over to give me a card with money in it - what a blessing and so unexpected! Mom cooked a mad meal last night, and my bro was over to be with me and the fam before I leave.
I'm expecting this morning to be a morning of tears, but I guess that's inevitable. I'm gonna miss this place so much - my family, my friends, my home, this beautiful place to live. Wow, this is gonna be hard.
I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm following God's leading and that I have so much to look forward to on the other end of all this. I know what to expect for the most part in the city, so it makes this move a little easier. It's kinda like going back to my "other" life. I think if I was moving to place that I had no idea what I was getting into, it would be a lot different.
I was reminded of the Great Commission the other day (Matthew 28:18-20), and how relevant it is to my life and how it really should be relevant to all our lives, no matter where we are. As much as we don't want to admit it, our mission field starts here at home.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
- Jesus Christ

No comments: