Thursday, August 18, 2005

Time...

It's crazy how time flies. It was just over a month ago that I found out the big news - I'm hired! And now the time to pack up and leave is closing in on me. I feel as if there are so many things that need to be done before I leave - so many loose ends. There are so many people to see, so many places to go - yet so little time. I guess that's why it's called Time: it continues on whether we like it or not, that consistant something that we've learned to despise. But without time we wouldn't have a need for aspirations and dreams. No drive, no passion, no desire to please, fulfill or take action. Interesting how it all works.
So here I am, itching to move on yet trying to cherish each and every moment spent. I feel as if I myself am creating a whirlwind of anxiety. Probably true.
I pulled out this poem I was given once a long time ago which reminded me to slow down! So I thought I would write it down. Sometimes we need to be reminded.

Slow Me Down, Lord
Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my hurried pace. Give me, midst the day's confusion, the calmness of the everlasting hills. Break the tension of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of singing streams that live in my memory. Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep. Teach me the art of taking "minute vacations"...slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to read a few lines from a good book. Remind me of the fable of the hare and the tortoise; that the race is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than measuring its speed. Let me look up at the branches of the towering oak and know that it grew slowly and well. Inspire me to send my own roots down deep into the soil of life's enduring values...that I may grow toward the stars of my greater destiny. Slow me down, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

six strings to bleed my soul
six strings to help this world to know
whats inside of me, can i heal completely
six strings, to ease the pain
but is this all in vein
six strings, to share my heart,
to a world thats in the dark
six strings, to show i care
is anybody there


dana, i love you and ill send you the recording pretty soon. take care of yourself in the ghetto and know that ill always be there, no matter how far apart we are. i love you sis, and ill never stop. so to the most beautiful heart in the world, take care.
dell