Tuesday, August 16, 2005

25 Days and Counting!

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to move to New York to work at Metro! But at the same time I am scared to death! Being there last year for 4 months was nothing compared to actually relocating entirely. But I know it's time, and even better I know it's God's timing.
It's literally been a year in coming. Since I left New York last year from doing Metro Ministries Internship Program for 4 months, I wanted to go back. It was hard work and not always much fun, but I left my heart there. A years worth of praying every single day, many times a day, seeking God's will. I knew that the ministry was my passion, especially Metro style, and the kids there are my passion. But, the underlying question was "Is it what you want God?" Now that I'm looking back, He has opened so my doors for my, given me so many opportunities to make it possible to go back. And I also look forward, and see that the only thing that stands between me and NYC is getting my visa and reaching my destination in one piece. How great is my God! I know this is His will, and it has taken a tremendous amount of faith to really believe it and step out and do it!
So as the countdown begins, I pray that God will keep me focused on my passion and on His vision. It's overwhelming, as much as I try to suppress it, it really is overwhelming. But it is time to step out in faith and do what my God has called me to do.

I have but one candle of life to burn
and would rather burn it out where people are dying in darkness
than in a land that is flooded with light.
- John Keith Falconer -

No comments: