It's been quite awhile since I've written on my blog. But I am back, and ready to get at it again! So much has happened in the past six months! Both good and bad of course, but all in all they have been very stretching months, which is a good thing. God is continually growing me in so many ways. Yes, I'm still a work in process, but aren't we all?
This summer I was able to go home and visit family in friends. It was such a nice trip. I had a rough semester previous to me trip, so it was a much needed break. As most of you know, I am now a Unit Leader. So I lead a team of people to do ministry. It's a very challenging position, and there are times when I don't like having to fill the position, but I can honestly say that God has realy been molding me and teaching me things that I couldn't have learned without being forced into the position.
Summer camp was a lot of fun in August. The kids were so excited to be out in the woods, even though it was for only a few days. I love camp, because you get the kids out of their homes and familiar surroundings. When you take them away from the chaos they live in, you finally get that chance to see them open up and watch them just be kids without worrying about getting screamed at or hit or simply ignored.
Semester started again in September. It's been good so far. I was given a second full time staff member, who I had been praying for! So now there are 3 full time staff (that includes me!)in my team, Unit 16. I have three interns that I've been training up this semester. Heiko from Germany, Gundi from Germany, and Hao Ying from Malaysia. They are all great interns. Very different from eachother, but we have a lot of fun together and we have great unity in the team this semester.
I'm really startint to love the kids on my new site. It's been really hard leaving my old site of 2 years. You build so many relationships and you invest in so many people, and then to have to leave all that behind is heart breaking. But I am building new relationships now, and my site is growing. In the area I work now, the Lower East Side of Manhattan, Sunday School is new in some parts. So it's not established like it is in the Bronx and Brooklyn. So we really are pioneering in LES. This does make it a lot harder, but it also make it more exciting since we are the ones breaking the ground to do ministry there.
Tonight I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Tomorrow I'll write down a few things that are going on with some of the families that I have gotten to know quite well. Thank you for all of your prayers. I couldn't do this without you all backing me up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment