Saturday, May 19, 2007
Just a little emotional...
Where can I begin. I feel like so much has happened, so quickly, that I can barely even recount the past month! It has been so busy here....and when I say busy, I mean BUSY! It almost feels like I haven't taken a breath since semester started. Being a Unit Leader has been a huge challenge. I of course have to lead a team, but there is so much more than just that. So much work, and it has been quite the balancing act to get it all done and still have a day off....which I haven't officially had yet since semester started. It's been tough. I've been struggling. I'm still mourning my old site. I miss my kids so much. The kids we work with we don't just get to know and simply love, but you actually "fall in love" with them. They are so precious, and so many of them I dreamt of seeing them grow up and graduate and succeed in life. But now that I no longer have the site, I know that won't happen. My heart is still at Pink Houses and East New York. I've been praying that God gives me a heart for these new kids in Lower East Side, but I'm having such a hard time breaking away from my other kids. I'm saying this in all honesty. Maybe it sounds corny to you and irrelevant to my ministry here, but when you invest emotionally, spiritually and financially into a group of kids and key individuals, pouring your heart out to them for 2 years, it feels like heart break when you eventually have to leave them. For those of you who read my blog, please pray for me. I don't often ask for prayer for myself, but I am struggling emotionally with all of this. I think that these past 2 1/2 months have been the toughest yet. I'll admit, my move to become a Unit Leader and move sites and areas of the city was purely out of obedience to God. Did I want to leave the area I was ministering in? No. My kids at Pink Houses? No. But when God says "Go" I simply have to listen. It's been a hard semester. And I'm looking forward to coming home to visit for the summer. I love you all deeply. And I thank you for the time you spend lifting me and the ministry up in your prayers. I am so grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you're beautiful and awesome annnd i think you should get facebook;) We can communicate easily, and whatnot. It's fun fun fun. but i must confess...i am an addict. :( ahaha. love you! can't wait to see...YOU!!!!!!!
Hi Dana!
Greetings from Latvia! You are fearless girl! I'm delighted with you.
Your uncle Mārtiņš
Post a Comment