As I was walking home tonight it started snowing. It's was so beautiful! I had to take a moment just to take in the glory of it. So often I forget to "stop and smell the roses". I get so busy here, so consumed with work that I forget to take time for the Maker of the work. I'm sure many of you can relate.
Things are going well here since I've been back. I miss everyone back home so much though! It was so good to be home again. And to rest and recuperate! I needed it, that's for sure!
Right now I'm actually using a new computer to do my blog.....just a lil' exciting! Marvin has leant me long term his old Mac computer, so now I have a much better computer than my old one, on which the screen I could hardly see anymore! It's good to have friends who care! Thank you Marvin!
Not a whole lot has happened since I've been back in NYC. Most of my days are 9-5 now until March comes around. It's a nice change, but at the same time it is very difficult since I'm used to being extra busy and on my feet all the time. Not sitting in the office doing work! So it's a bit trying sometimes, but it is a nice change - especially being able to come home at a normal time and being able to have dinner at the normal time, and so on. This past week we were writing lessons for next semester. I think they'll be pretty good! One of the parts of the lesson that I had to write was the story (the last element of the lesson). If all goes well, and my story is approved, then it will be a huge relief for me. Pastor Bill actually approves or rejects them for the lesson, so it's kinda nerve racking! If it does get approved though, it will be so neat to see my story in color pictures that will be drawn for it. Looking forward to that!
It has been so good to see all the kids here again. It's amazing how much I miss my family when I'm here, but then when I'm in Kelowna, it's amazing how much I miss the kids! I guess it's true when they say "the grass is always greener on the otherside".
On Sunday one of the mothers that I pick up for church gave me a gift. It was so sweet of her! She gave me a purple purse, a blazer jacket that's purple with flowers and designs and a really cute scarf. I really like it all too! I asked one of her little girls if she had helped to pick it all out, and she said "yes". So sweet. It's nice to know sometimes that your giving is appreciated.
I can't think of anything to exciting here right now. Thank you to those who keep my in their prayers. I need every one of them. Please pray specifically for safety right now. Since the winter has been much warmer then usual, there is still quite a lot of shooting, people getting jumped and all kinds of craziness going on. Usually, the cooler it gets, things quite down and then when summer comes round it starts getting crazy again. Around my place there have been a number of people who've gotten robbed lately, and at my projects, Pink Houses, there's a lot of shooting going on there. So just keep that in your prayers. Thank you!

2 comments:
I love you!!
-Steph
Hey Dana!
I didn't know you initially had problems getting your R1 visa too! I think God INTENTIONALLY places obstacles like these in our way for our own benefit. After God comes in and turns the situation around for us, how can we NOT know beyond the shadow of a doubt where He wants us to be right?
Anyways, keep up the great work with your blog! It really inspires, challenges AND smacks people in the face at the same time (in a good way)!
Btw, it's 1.17am here in Malaysia so it's already the 5th of March. Sooo... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANA!!! Have a great and blessed day ahead! See you in 2 weeks' time!
God bless you and keep you always!
-Jackie Chan
Post a Comment