Wow, so it's been over 2 months since I've last posted. I thought tonight I would take advantage of the internet signal I'm finally getting....I've been without internet completely since September.
So much has happened since I last wrote. Good stuff, bad stuff, crazy stuff.....you name it! Things have been going great. The fall semester is a little more busy than the spring semester, but it's been going good. I haven't even told you about who our interns are this fall! Wow, it really has been awhile. Crazy how time flies! We have three interns this fall: Fiona, 21, from Switzerland. Jill, turning 19, from my hometown....many of you may know her. She's doing amazing! For real! And last, Alex, 21, from the US of A. All 3 of the interns are doing great....Jill of course is doing exceptionally well!
This semester Alex is my intern. So he comes and visits my site, Pink Houses, with me. He gets a chance to get to know the kids there a lot more than the other sites, since he spends more time there. He's been a great help, especially with the flyers. I have 22 buildings to visit, and I'm struggling trying to visit enough buildings in one week, even with the 3.5-4 hours I have to do it!
Our team is very strong this semester. It's been great.
When I look back to a year ago when I first moved here, it's amazing how things have change....specifically my site. I knew some kids already when I first came, since I was an intern on the site. But now, a year later, I know so many kids! Teenagers as well. And even parents. It's incredible to be able to knock on a door and be invited in and stay for a long while just chatting and speaking into their lives. Or walking through the projects and people say "hey" and kids are yelling my name out the window. I don't even have the words to describe how it is. I love my kids so much.....maybe too much??!!
This past week I had 204 total at my site....the biggest site of the week! I've had a couple of big sites lately which have been so encouraging.
Things are great here. I guess for the time being I have interent so I'll get on all these 2 month old emails this weekend when I got a bit of time. But until then, hope all is well with each of you. I love each of you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment