Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm back

It's been a month since I've written anything! I've been gone for almost a month and a half straight now. As many of you know I made a surprise visit to Canada to visit family and friends. It actually started out with surprising Jana and Joel and so to keep the secret for them I kept my visit secret for everyone. It was a lot of fun being able to surprise people!
It was an amazing visit. I had so much fun being with friends and family. I spent a lot of time with my family this time which I had wanted to do. The longer I'm in New York, the more I realize home important my family is. I miss all of you so much!
Once I got back from Canada, I left 3 days later for summer camp. We did 5 camps (3 kids camps and 2 teen camps). It was a lot of fun but extremely tiring! Interestingly enough I enjoyed the teen girls camp the best. Everyone was talking about how it's the worst camp, but I loved it! I had a great cabin of girls. And the girls that I already knew that were in my cabin I was able to get to know way better by spending so much time with them. One of my girls, Martha (I knew her when I was intern as well) I found out that she's struggling with being a lesbian. I always thought that if I found that out about someone I knew my perspective of them would totally change. But when I found this out about Martha I didn't think anything less of her. In fact, I love her so much more!
Now I have 5 days off which is great. I need to recuperate! I'll write some more here within the next couple of days. I need to run a few errands this afternoon. There's so much more to write about camp and all. So I'll be back! Love you all so very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana! It's STEFIKINS! Your fave from Canada! Woop Woop! So pumped because ..THe Venga Bus Is Coming And everybody's jumpin..new york to san fransco...If You like to party get on an move your body! We like to aprty we like to party we like we like to party! Wooa! So Pumped! Church Tonight! Sweet Dance party at kiki's on thursday! YOuth was on wednesday! YOu must call me! We must have a FAT CHAT
Stefi Stef! Glad to see your doin well!