This past week went great! Some funny happenings....I'm still laughing at the week past! But, hey, we need to laugh here! Friday was my site at Pink Houses. And I had 152 kids! Which was a great turn out. Usually on a good day I would only have 120 kids, but lots came this time. I'm still stoked about it! On Fridays my division splits up into 2 teams. Half of us go to Linden Houses for sidewalk sunday school and the other half is with me at my site. Rion comes with me and one of our interns Tibo comes too. We always have so much fun together! It's great! I have a bunch of little kids that come to my site, and this one little boy, Isaiah, who's 4 years old always comes to me crying every single week cause he never gets a chance to play a game. You see, to play a game you have to answer a question from the lesson the week before. But usually the preschool kids don't grasp it all. So, this past friday, I made sure to play a preschool game and I got Rion to pick a little girl and then showed her which little boy to pick. They played a game where they had to run and get 3 boxes of candy as fast as they could. The girls won the game, but the preschoolers we always call winners, so they both got to go to the toy shelf and pick a toy as well as take home the three boxes of candy. It was so cute! I think they both went home happy Friday, especially Isaiah!
Church on Sunday was good too. I was able to bring 13 people to church, which is really good. It can be a challenge to get people out for church. One of my mom's, who has a 2 month old baby, Mia, has been coming for 2 weeks now which is so incredible. She never really has come to church, but now she has been! I've been sitting with her during the services to help her out with the baby a bit and with her 3 year old daughter, Niesha. Niesha is so adorable! She loves to be held, so during the praise and worship I hold her and we move to the music! I love her so much!
I haven't been feeling 100% for a couple of weeks now. I'm feeling better than I did, but as far as I know, I now have bronchitis. Please pray for me if you think of me!
I need to prepare for tomorrow's lesson a bit more here. So I better go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment