Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm back!

Just wanted to assure you all that I haven't been shot, mugged, or beaten up.....I'm alive and well! Sorry for the delay. I've been having some internet problems at my place here. A little frustrating when you become so dependent on the net for everything! But I'm back for now.

Lots has happened in this past month since I've returned back from vacation in Kelowna (that sounds so strange!). I'm going to try my best not to make this too long, so I'll just add a hilight and a few things. I think you all know that I can write.....and write. So, as not to bore you, I'll cut right to the chase!

It's pretty quiet right now. Most of my days are 9-5 (normal) work days. Wednesdays are still long. But it's such a change from during semester! I'll admit it's lonely and boring! It might be different if I was making some good dough and could go out and do stuff all the time. But being in ministry does happen to limit you. But, this down time is somewhat refreshing. I know halfway through semester I'll be begging for this time. But now that I'm in it, I'm dying for semester to return! I guess one of the frustrating things about not having quite as much to do is that there is too much time to think about things! Sometimes a good thing, but sometimes a bad thing.

So, almost a month ago, my roommate, Jacee, moved out. And so I've had the apartment to myself! Yay. But it's quiet. I found out just over a week ago that I'm going to be moving now. But check this: I'm moving across the hall! So now I have to haul everything across the hall. And I'm back into the tiny room in the back of the house, since my new roommate, Cindy, has the big front room. I'm praying that God would deal with me and my jealousy! Hehe. It will be nice to live with Cindy. I don't know here well, but I like what I know of her! She's from Canada.....I just can't get away from these Canadian roomies!

If any of you pray (which I sincerely hope you do!), here's something to be praying for: You may remember I wrote about a family (Jason Castro and family) who was having a difficult time. In the fall they started coming to church and the kids were coming to Yogi Bear every week. And then suddenly they stopped coming. Jason (the father) has diabetes, and something was going wrong. I'm not sure if they couldn't afford the right stuff for him or if it was something else going on. He also got a hernia and so had to get that operated on. There son, Jason (Jr.) has severe asthma problems, and ended up in the hospital after an intense asthma attack. He has it so bad that he always has his little bag (with emergency supplies) that he must carry around with him all the time, just in case he gets an attack. I haven't seen this family in almost 2 months now. I haven't seen them around at Yogi Bear, they haven't been to church, and I always miss them when I go to their apartment. Just this past Wednesday I saw Andrea (the mother). And she was picking up one of her daughters, Alexis. Andrea has had some heart problems and just had a heart operation. She supposed to be on bed rest, but she has to be up and about since her husband is trying to work now and their eldest daughter, Alexandria, had to be taken to the hospital. Alexandria hasn't been able to go to the bathroom properly. And she hasn't told anyone! So she was having some terrible pains and had to be taken to the hospital. They just keep getting hit time and time again by all these things. And financially they are definitely struggling. I just wanted you to know all that, because they need your prayers. As far as I know they are a Christian family. And they really want their kids to grow up with good morals and knowing God! I can see that Andrea is struggling and listening to her talk you can hear her pain and frustration. Please pray for them!

Well, I had a lot more to write, but this is getting long. And I really want you all to be able to read and digest what I write. And even more myself. To write everything down helps me to put things in perspective and understand them better. So, till next time!

No comments: