Sunday we finally had snow! Woohoo! It made me so excited to see it on the ground and falling from the clouds. So beautiful. I've never heard so many people grumbling about the snow. I was one of the few people who actually was glad it was snowing.....maybe cause I'm young....or maybe cause I'm Canadian??!! I dunno. We all left early to pick up our people for church. I wasn't sure how bad the roads would be out in East New York (where my families/kids are), so I left early to go out there. The snow definitely scared everyone away from coming to church! I only had my most faithful churchgoers - 2 of my teenagers! Funny how that is. We were still early by the time I picked them up so we all went out to MacDonalds for breakfast. Yes I ate at MacDonalds.....some of you may be quite surprised! Hehe. Thanks to my lil sister Jana for sending some money to me so that I could treat my girls to the breakfast!
I visited my kids on Sunday afternoon too. One of my families is moving to Coney Island. The little girl, Eniya, is so sweet. I'm gonna miss her. But thankfully my friend Emily works down in Coney Island doing Yogi Bear, so I hooked Eniya up with the addresses of where it is down there so that she can still go.
One of the apartments I visited, the mother of Delilah and Jose invited me and the 2 girls I was with into her house. I always see her at Yogi Bear with her kids, but I've never known where they live until last week. It was so nice to be able to sit down in her home and to just see them from a different angle. The kids are so cute! They moved from Puerto Rico about a year ago, so they're still sorta starting off again. The mother started telling me how when she was a kid she lived in Bushwick (where I live!). And she used to go to Yogi Bear Sunday School at our church. That was back in the day in Pastor Bill's early days here. She has good memories of it. She was about 5 or 6 when she used to go, so doesn't remember to much.
There was a top 10 list of how to know if you're a real New Yorker. Check this out. We made it onto the list!
"You know you're a true New Yorker when......you've been to Yogi Bear Sunday School."
Isn't that wild?! Anyways, gotta get to work here. Just felt like writing a little. Love ya'll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey Dana it's really stupid because it hasn't snowed yet since you left. i know you wrote this a long time ago but i just wanted to say that. i found out that the kids in my class were very intrested in what your doing in new york. i hope you don't feel home sick there...................i miss you ...love joel
Post a Comment