Thursday, August 25, 2005

The call of God is like...

It's almost as if I'm leaving one life behind and carrying on with another. And it freaks me out! I love life here, and wouldn't choose to live anywhere else. I have my family here, my friends, good jobs, a beautiful city...I could go on. Yet, I look forward to my move to NYC too. I have so much there too. I have some great friends there, a city of endless things to do, and the job of my dreams! I'd have to say it all boils down to my passion for God and the kids in New York. I once heard a quote that totally speaks what I feel. This is what it says:

The call of God is like the call of the sea;
no one hears it but the one who has the nature of the sea in him.
- Oswald Chambers -

There is nothing else in this life that I'd rather do but follow the voice of my Father. And His voice is one that gently prods, saying "Follow me". His voice I cannot and will not ignore. My desire to serve Him in this life with all I got defeats the desire to stay in my comfort zone. Every single day I ask God if I am still following His lead. And everyday He gives me the peace of mind that I am still going the right way, following the right voice. Do I ever want to give up and turn around and stay home? Often, too often. But how can a person go on living life in a comfortable bubble, not changing, not being challenged, not stepping out in FAITH and trusting God that where you are headed, He is leading you? (I'm not saying that life is easy where you're comfortable, and you can't change, and can't be challenged. I realize this is not the case. I'm simply saying that by going out of your comfort zone into the unknown causes you to grow and learn and tends to be very challenging without the support of family and friends that generally surround a person when in their comfort zone.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know I am called by God to go - and by faith I will go! Just some thoughts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi dana, i see im ur first person to put a comment on! our email thing is goin all wacky so i thought id use this. i miss you . anyways i was wondering if i could bring your stereo into my room. my cd player isn't working. schools great! sounds like your having fun at metro. i love you. ~ jana
ps this is kinda sad, one of the learning assistants at our school died last night in her sleep. she was sick for a couple weeks. she wasn't very old maybe around 50. she had a husband, a kid in gr. 11, and a kid in university.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox luv ya