Wednesday, April 04, 2007

1 week down, 12 more to go

So I survived week one of Sidewalk Sunday School. And it actually went really good! My three interns are great. Such hard workers (trust me when I say it's so nice to have hard working interns!) and quality people too. Sure they have lots to work on in their teaching, but that will come. It was a bit frustrating last week since I felt like I didn't know anybody (which I didn't since all the sites I've never been to before) and it's so different in Manhattan! So many things that you just can't do! I've been praying that God would give me a passion and a heart for these new sites and new people that I'll be ministering too in the Lower Eastside and Chinatown. I really do miss my Pink Houses kids a lot. I love them so much.
Saturday was our Chinatown sites and it was very different. We had one parent come up to us and ask us what kind of program we were, and we talked about it and then mentioned it's a "Christian" program, and right away she says, "I'm Buddhist". We of course told her that's fine because it's for anyone (hidden motive: win her to Christ!), but she just kept on telling us, "I'm a buddhist". Very interesting. Such a different spiritual battle we will have to fight in Chinatown as opposed to the battle in the projects.
Friday I had my CDL roadtest (Commercial Drivers License).....and I passed! With no point taken off! That's right, I can officially drive a school bus now. Crazy. Never thought I'd be doing that. But hey, in New York anything can happen.
Now we're into week 2 of Yogi Bear, and week 2 of being a Unit leader. Kinda scary. God is doing something amazing here.....and in me! So exciting! He's been telling me that if I "seek him I will find him when I seek him with my whole heart". So that's what I've been working at. I really do want all of God. I want so badly to be so in love with him that all else in this world fades away. That is my desire.
I still need to do some work tonight and it's already past midnight, so I better go! Love you all. So much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.
I love you! your strength is incredible!! you are an amazing beautiful daughter of God and thank you for being my accountability friend. You're one of the most amazing people i have ever met in my intire life!! And the way you listen to God and do whatever he tells you makes you that much more amazing!! You shine and i love you!! And miss you!!

-Kelowna Stef