This semester has flown by! Only 3 more weeks till it's finished! And only 25 more days till I come home for a visit! I'm so stoked! It's already been so busy, but now it's gonna be crazy busy! We have the stocking week coming up and then the final week of Christmas gifts. I'm looking forward to the craziness, but at the same time I'm a rookie at it. The kids are already getting excited, asking what week is the gift week. Yes, they love getting presents....some are just flat out greedy for more more more, and then some kids will only get the gift we give them at Christmas.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was a lot of fun! We were there at 7am, then waited 2.5 hours for the parade to start. We weren't even in the first row, we were in the second. I thought we were crazy for coming out so early...some people are more so! There were tons of floats, huge balloon characters (Big Bird, M&M's, Dora, Barney, Garfield....and tons more). There were some stars like the Beach Boys and Brian McKnight....the only 2 stars that I actually knew of! It was a lot of fun. Freezing though! After standing the 2.5 hours waiting, and then 2 hours during the parade, when it came time to move and walk, I could hardly walk because my joints were so stiff and cold. I felt a lot older than I am, that's for sure!
Later that day, I had some thanksgiving dinner at a staff party. It was good....yours is better Mom! Way better! I went home that night and went to bed at 8:30, fell asleep right away, and then didn't wake up till 8:30 the next morning. I think my body really needed the sleep! We were given Friday morning off as well, so that was real nice. No more holidays for awhile now!
Indoor Sunday School went good yesterday. I always love riding my bus with my Saturday kids.
Church was this morning. It went good. One of my families that just started coming a few weeks ago to church with me didn't come this morning cause the father has severe arthritis. I didn't know this before, but he has diabetes and it's affecting the nerves in his legs, as well as the arthritis causing him a lot of pain. You could tell by his voice on the phone that he was in a lot of pain. His name is Jason, so if he ever comes to mind, please pray for him!
Just praying today and thinking about my visa that's in the process of hopefully being sent to me. When I moved to Brooklyn, I didn't recieve the visa that I requested, so I had to pay $185 USD to apply for it while staying in the country. That was quite awhile ago know. More than a month. I'm hoping to get it before Christmas that way I have it to come and go across the border. Please be praying that I would recieve my visa applied for and that I would recieve it on time.
Thanks to all those who have been praying for me already. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Dana,
My mom sent me this link and I thought I'd check in to see how my little cousin is doing living in the big apple! :) Sounds like you're having an amazing time & experiencing some wonderful things with the kids you're working with. Email me if you get a chance! ives_mary@hotmail.com
~mary~
Post a Comment