Once again, I've failed at staying on top of my blogging. I'm trying, really I am!
Yogi Bear was interesting this week. We had an entire week of rain, no joke! You should have seen the puddles we had to drive through. Sidewalk Sunday School is a little different when it rains. We can't put our stage down on the truck since it will wreck it, getting everything inside wet, as well as our sound system. So, instead we set up a white tent outside of the truck and have the kids stand beneath it while we give a quick lesson. About 5 to 10 minutes long. It's fun though, cause you get less kids so it's more intimate. You're able to ask questions to the kids and get them really involved in the lesson. When you have more kids, there's just no way you can keep control if you try to be more personal! So, an interesting week, but a lot of fun. Saturday it finally turned sunny...a very welcome sight! It's still chilly out...fall has officially arrived I think.
Last week, one of our staff members got jumped while out on visitation. He's ok, except for a missing $7 dollars and his big black eye. He was back at Sunday School on Saturday - one eye open, one eye closed pretty good. We can't allow things like this to stop us from doing God's work. Instead we just let things like this spur us on and make us that much stronger and to give us that much more urgency to see these kids and families changed.
So a good week. It's been busy, and will just get busier come all the Christmas events! This week is sort of the Halloween week, so we'll be giving out "Hallelujah" candy. We don't actually celebrate it. I think it's the week after that we give each kid a pumpkin! Looking forward to that! Should be eventful. I"ll do my best to keep you all posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love reading your entries Dana, it sounds like everything is going well in NYC!! So tell me, what do you do in your time off? Do you get time off??
Post a Comment